Still-life photographer and light painter, Vadims Pjatrikovs is well-known for his style and the way of controlling the light. He started his photography journey in 2005 and has been working on different commercial and still life photography projects in London, UK.
While Vadims has been working with a respectable fashion company in London he has photographed collections of such well-known designers like Christian Dior, Alexander McQueen, Tom Ford, Michael Kors, Christian Louboutin, Ralf Lauren and many other big brands in the fashion industry.
Vadims is an artist at his core. He started out as a painter and fell in love with the creative process from day one. He always admired still life paintings from the 17th century, but as a painter, he was looking at how he could speed the process up, as making a single painting took a lot of time. Vadims has tried different techniques and methods and one day decided to try photography as a tool to achieve the result. Once he tried it, he realized that photography was his true passion. Vadims went on to study photography as a craft and founded his own photography studio "PHOTOPORTRAYAL" in 2009. Having switched over to photography, he has never looked back. He sees photography as the next generation of his passion for art, and in a relatively short period of time, Vadims earned the respect of artists and photographers.
There is always something new and innovative happening in Vadim's world. And what makes his style recognizable today is this special oil painting look of his photography artwork.
Today, Vadims' artworks are represented by such well-known galleries as DegreeArt (Artellite) and Rato Society.
- PHOTOPORTRAYAL was founded in 2009 by our lead photographer, Vadims Pjatrikovs.
- The business is all about art, about passion for art, how art can represent our client’s identity and who they are at their hearts. The art that we sell also gives them a way to share something with their community and friends, something to be proud of and something to admire.
- We have an international client base and are happily serving our clients all over the world. Our artworks are sold both physically and online - through art galleries and marketplaces, through our social media accounts, our website, art fairs and exhibitions.
- Our main product is limited edition prints of light painting photography, which resembles 17th-century oil paintings. Every photo from start to finish can take 6-8 hours on average, and this is not including the printing process. This gives our customers this luxury feeling when they buy this product.
- Quality is at the heart of our business. From the quality of the artwork and its uniqueness to the quality of the printing and delivery straight to the door of our customers.
- We print on the top-level archival paper with the use of the Giclée method that will last for at least a century in our customers’ art collections and museums.
- We deliver our prints door to door, and every single one of them is signed and has authority certificate attached to it, with each such certificate having the artist’s name, artwork title, edition number, medium (paper type) and production date. It is also signed by the author and has our logo on it.
- Our business is very highly systemised and organised. And every person we hire feels our care and structure and knows where we are heading to as a business. Our employees enjoy being part of the team and share our passion for art and structure, and most importantly - they share our care for our customer base, making great customer service their top priority.
- We are passionate about art and great service, and we want every person who interacts with our business feel this attitude.
Beam Collective Online Gallery
Still Live Artworks Online Exhibition
3 September 2020
Chania International Photo Festival
12 - 19 August 2020
ORDINARY NO ORDINARY
Tall Sequoia Gallery
8 August 2020
Millepiani Exhibition Space
7 August - 16 September 2020
FORMAT Portfolio Review
18 July 2020
PHOTOGRAPHY & DIGITAL ART EXHIBITION
Southend Arts Council Photography and Digital Art Exhibition
2 April - 31 August 2020
ARTIST MEET & EXHIBIT
Photo Carrefour Gallery
Artist Meet & Exhibit
11 July 2020
EX_TENSÃO Project Online Gallery
Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
Fine Art Category (Bronze)
PhotoPro, Bumazhniy passage 14 p.2
Online: June 2020
PhotoPro: 9-12 September 2020
Florida Museum of Photographic Arts
Beam Collective Online Gallery
ARTS COUNCIL OPEN DAY
Southend Arts Council exhibition
22 February 2020
THE CREATIVE EYE
Art Exhibition organised by The Creative Eye Essex
22-26 January 2020
THE PHOTOGRAPHERS GALLERY, LONDON
Folio Friday, The Photographer’s Gallery
24 January 2020
POP UP GALLERY
The Photographers Pop Up Gallery
14 December 2019 - 23 January 2020
HOUSE & GARDEN
"The Art Edit"
June 2020 Issue
WORLD OF INTERIORS
June 2020 Issue
"Issue #99 "Still life"
January 2020 Issue
October 2018 Issue