My name is Vadims Pjatrikovs. I am a still life photographer and light painter, well-known for my style and the way of controlling the light. I started my photography journey in 2005 when I received my first camera as a gift and started studying photography as a skill. Several years later, I moved to the UK and was working on different commercial and still life photography projects in London, UK.
While I was working with a respectable fashion company in London I photographed collections of such well-known designers as Christian Dior, Alexander McQueen, Tom Ford, Michael Kors, Christian Louboutin and Ralf Lauren. I also feel honoured to have photographed one of the largest collections of the stage outfits of Rolling Stones.
I have always been an artist at my core. I started out as a painter initially and fell in love with the creative process from day one. I always admired still life paintings from the 17th century, but as a painter, I have always been looking at how I could achieve a similar result via a more untraditional way. I have tried different techniques and methods and one day decided to try photography as a tool to achieve the result.
Once I tried it, I realized that photography was my true passion. I went on to study photography as a craft and after gaining some commercial photography experience elsewhere, I founded my own photography studio "PHOTOPORTRAYAL" in 2009. Having switched over to photography, I have never looked back.
I see photography as the next generation of my passion for art, and in a relatively short period of time, my photography earned the respect from artists and photographers worldwide.
There is always something new and innovative happening in my world. And what makes my style recognizable today is this special oil painting look of my photography artwork. Every piece is full of mystery, magic, experimentation and has a really dramatic and atmospheric look and feel.
I invest a lot of thought, time and effort into every art piece that I create. Most of the objects in my composition are carefully hand crafted specifically for each individual artwork. I combine all my past experience with what I see, hear and sense in the world every day. These ideas are then shaped into a sketch, from which I then craft and place the individual physical objects for my composition with the utmost care. And then spend hours and hours of photographing this all - in near-complete darkness.
Each art piece is full of details. You can look at the artworks again and again and find something different each time. They encourage you to think deeper about what you see - classic still life with a touch of the unexpected.
Today, my photographs are represented by a number of galleries internationally, including DegreeArt (Artellite), Rato Society, Aartzy, TRiCERA and FMB Art Gallery. You can also find my art pieces on Saatchi Art and Artfinder.
- PHOTOPORTRAYAL is a family run business, founded in 2009.
- We offer limited edition prints for collectors and art lovers looking for dramatic and atmospheric still life photography.
- I am sharing this journey together with my lovely wife Zhanelya Subebayeva. What I bring to the table is the overall vision, my photography talent, creativity and flow. She is then directing this flow and making sure that we have a proper infrastructure in place in order to guarantee top quality of our products and services.
- The business is all about art, about our passion for art, how art can represent our clients' identity and who they are at their hearts. The art that we offer can give you a way to share something with your community and friends, something to be proud of and something to admire. Or it may trigger some memories that are dear to your heart or serve as a reminder of something important in life.
- We have an international client base and are happily serving our clients all over the world. Our artworks are sold both physically and online - through art galleries and marketplaces, through our social media accounts, our website, art fairs and exhibitions.
- Our main product is limited edition prints of light painting photography, which resembles 17th-century oil paintings. Every photo from start to finish can take around 6-8 hours on average just to photograph. This is not including the initial preparation of the composition, post processing/image editing and printing. The amount of time and effort invested in each piece gives our customers this luxury feeling when they buy the resulting product.
- Quality is at the heart of our business. From the quality of the artwork itself, its signature style and the unique technique to the quality of the printing and delivery straight to your door.
- We print on the top-level archival paper with the use of the Giclée method (Archival Pigment Print) that will last for at least a century in our customers’ art collections and museums.
- We deliver our prints straight to your door, and every single one of them is hand signed and comes with an authenticity certificate attached to it. Each such certificate has my name and signature on it, as well as artwork title, edition number, medium (paper type), production date and our company logo.
- We are passionate about art and great service, and we want every person who interacts with our business feel this attitude too.
THE OTHER ART FAIR
The Other Art Fair London
1-4 July 2021
CONTEMPORARY ART FAIR
Surrey Contemporary Art Fair
24-26 September 2021
WASTE TO CREATE
ECO Aware Art Gallery
International Photography Awards
Online Winners Showcase
LOCKED & LOADED
22 October 2020
Beam Collective Online Gallery
Still Life Artworks Online Exhibition
3 September 2020
Chania International Photo Festival
12 - 19 August 2020
ORDINARY NO ORDINARY
Tall Sequoia Gallery
8 August 2020
Millepiani Exhibition Space
7 August - 16 September 2020
FORMAT Portfolio Review
18 July 2020
PHOTOGRAPHY & DIGITAL ART EXHIBITION
Southend Arts Council Photography and Digital Art Exhibition
2 April - 31 August 2020
ARTIST MEET & EXHIBIT
Photo Carrefour Gallery
Artist Meet & Exhibit
11 July 2020
EX_TENSÃO Project Online Gallery
Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
Fine Art Category (Bronze)
PhotoPro, Bumazhniy passage 14 p.2
Online: June 2020
PhotoPro: 9-12 September 2020
Florida Museum of Photographic Arts
Beam Collective Online Gallery
ARTS COUNCIL OPEN DAY
Southend Arts Council exhibition
22 February 2020
THE CREATIVE EYE
Art Exhibition organised by The Creative Eye Essex
22-26 January 2020
THE PHOTOGRAPHERS GALLERY, LONDON
Folio Friday, The Photographer’s Gallery
24 January 2020
POP UP GALLERY
The Photographers Pop Up Gallery
14 December 2019 - 23 January 2020
LUX LIFE MAGAZINE
Global Excellence Awards
FLORA FICTION MAGAZINE
Volume 2 Issue 1 Spring 2021
HOUSE & GARDEN
"The Art Edit"
June 2020 Issue
WORLD OF INTERIORS
June 2020 Issue
"Issue #99 "Still life"
January 2020 Issue
October 2018 Issue